Zoom Tips & Helps
To join a Zoom meeting via the internet you will need a computer, tablet or smartphone that is connected to the internet and has a camera, speaker and microphone.
To join a meeting, simply follow these steps
1. Click the link that was provided to you to join the meeting.
2. Click to download software when prompted. This takes under a
minute and it is safe.
3. Click on the file - install launcher.
4. The Zoom meeting window will appear.
5. Select 'Join Audio Conference by Computer’ to join the audio.
6. To connect the video select the video camera icon in the bottom left hand corner of the Zoom meeting window.
You should now be connected to the Zoom meeting with video and audio.
One-minute video about joining a Zoom meeting.
Join a private test meeting.
Test your internet connection and audio and video settings.
During the meeting you may wish to mute yourself when not speaking. This eliminates background noise for everyone.
To mute or unmute yourself click on the microphone icon in the lower left hand side of your screen.
How to join a Zoom meeting via the telephone
You only need a telephone to audio-join a meeting.
1. Dial one of the phone numbers in your invitation provided by your host and follow the verbal prompts.
2. You will be prompted to enter the meeting ID – a nine (9) or ten (10) digit ID provided by your host, followed by #
3. You will be prompted to enter your unique participant ID. We do not use them. Press # to skip.
Mute and un-mute Phone
When you are not speaking, please mute yourself. This will help eliminate background noise for everyone. Your meeting host can also mute and un-mute you.
To mute or un-mute yourself via phone, simply use the mute button on your phone.
If you are on a phone that does not have a mute option you may press *6 to mute and un-mute yourself.